July Is Budget Time
- It's too hot. Why can't the Village Manager get the landlord to fix the A/C?
- We should have more money for Code Enforcement and less for other stuff.
- Why are we hiring a new administrative generalist and she better not be attractive?
- Other cities use fancy automated phone systems and it's embarrassing when people call North Bay Village and a human answers. What are we? Hooterville?
- For the record, when the Mayor said to the Village Manager, "Please look into body cameras for the police." she didn't mean it and she's glad it's gone. Why did anyone think she meant it?
- How come the GPS for the police didn't get purchased last year?
- Was it just laziness?
- And what's with the meeting time? The mayor had to field many, many calls from her imaginary friends to explain the time to them.
A Resident's View
Given all that, the best we can hope for is that their utter inability to keep their delusional egos in check will mean a standoff as they destroy each other. It keeps them from doing the very serious damage they are capable of were they to unite.